This is the scripture, among others, which Pastor Zulu, our Zambian friend of many years shared in our church on Sunday when he participated in the service where we informed our children, the caregivers and other staff that we will be soon transitioning into Kenya to expand our ministry of rescuing more children and introducing them to the Lord Jesus Christ. Kamau shared how he experienced daily struggle to survive in the grinding poverty of the slums of Nairobi and how trapped and hopeless he felt without any hope of ever coming out. This all changed when at 17 years old, somebody cared enough to introduce him to the Lord Jesus Christ. Though he continued living in the slums for another eight years, he now had a hope that God the Father, who created him, loved him and had a plan and purpose for his life.
|Kamau in Mukuru Kayaba Slum, Nairobi, Kenya|
2.Assess the cost of land and building materials for the children center. We are still working on determining what the cost will be, hopefully on the next trip in March, there will be more information.
3. House search as my family begins the process of transitioning from Zambia to Kenya. I was encouraged to learn that apartments are available near the area where we will be ministering within our price range.
- For travel mercies as Kimberly and I and a friend of ours travel into Zimbabwe in order to attend a Foundations for Farming Conference for training. Pray that the Lord would allow us to retain the information that we will learn in order to implement these principles into our ministry.
- Pray that we will find a way to transport our belongings from Zambia to Dar es Salaam. Kamau has already made arrangements from Dar es Salaam to Nairobi.
- Pray that the Villages of Hope will continue to thrive and God will send the right people that are needed for this time.
- Pray that God will provide the appropriate housing for our needs in Nairobi.